Master in Existential Psychotherapy & Counselling • Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) • Diploma in Drug Dependence
Experienced Psychotherapist with over 20 years clinical experience as a Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor working with individuals, couples and families from diverse cultural backgrounds who present with complex issues (including anxiety, depression, stress, transitional life changes, identity, grief and loss, addictions, sexual assault, trauma and domestic violence) in a variety of settings, including crisis intervention, multidisciplinary teams, National Health Service (NHS) and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs).
From September 2013 – September 2019 Jonelle was employed at Relationships Australia (Darwin) as a Couples and Family Counsellor; and the last four years as Manager of Family and Relationship Services (FaRS).
Her role included COUNSELLING for individuals, couples and families (including counselling for police, fire, emergency and defence personnel, local Northern Territory Government employees under Employee Assistance Programs, and clients engaged in the Royal Commission into Institutionalised Responses to Child Sexual Abuse); and CLINICAL SUPERVISION (individual and group supervision for counsellors).
Jonelle’s psychotherapy career began in 1997 as a Drugs and Alcohol Counsellor in London, UK. She worked in the substance misuse sector in various settings – including drug residential rehabilitation, homelessness and NHS drugs services – until 2003.
From 2003 – Jonelle further pursued her studies in Psychotherapy whilst working as a Consultant in Mental Health and Substance Misuse Commissioning and Strategy in the NHS in London, UK (2003 -2009).
In 2005 – Jonelle initiated her Psychotherapy Practice in London, UK.
From 2010 to 2013 – Jonelle continued her private practice part-time whilst completing further training and employment at NHS Brent Improving Access to Psychological Treatment (IAPT) IAPT as a High Intensity Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT) for moderate to severe depression and anxiety disorders; working across two GP Surgeries and NHS Psychology Services with all referrals via the local GP. At Brent IAPT, Jonelle provided supervision to Low intensity CBT Therapists and co-facilitated Emotional Regulation Groups.
- Master in Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling. New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling (NSPC) NSPC. London, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT. Central London CBT Training Centre Central London CBT TrainingCentre/ Royal Holloway University of London. London, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling. NSPC. London, UK
- Diploma of Drug Dependence. King’s College London, Institute of Psychiatry – Addiction Treatment Centre Addiction Treatment Centre. London, UK.
- Foundational Certificate in Fundamentals of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Transpersonal). Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) CCPE. London
+ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PD) Listed below are a few of the PD courses undertaken over the 20 years span that give an indication of interest and focus.
- Neurobiology of Complex Trauma
- Recognising and Resolving Traumatic Stress
- Working with Trauma and the Body
- Working with Adult Survivors of Complex Trauma
- International Childhood Trauma Conference – incl. workshops with Dr Gabor Mate and Pat Ogden
- Marumali Trauma Program for ATSI clients
- Dr Judy Atkinson Building a Traditional Trauma informed Localised Approach
- Management of Vicarious Trauma
- Avert Family Violence
- Working with Men
- From Gender Dysphoria to Gender Euphoria
- Elder Abuse Training
- Family and Systemic Therapy
- Fundamentals of Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples
- Mental Health Trainings
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate
- Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapies with Individuals and Families
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- Mindfulness Trainings
- Search Inside Yourself (SIY) Mindful Leadership
- Creative Group Leadership
- Supervision Trainings
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” Henry David Thoreau